Let’s Catch Up: January Edition
Well, all the big plans I had to blog my buns off this year, did not quite happen…but, the year isn’t over yet. I wanted to do these little “catch up” posts for all the little things that happened during the month, but maybe didn’t have enough for a whole blog post. Going to be posting both January and February’s and then get started on some fun blog posts. So here we go…..
The first month of the new year is done. I’m not a big resolution maker, but I did make a few goals for 2017. One is to continue making progress on my weight loss/fitness goals. Two to silence my self negativity and the third is to step outside my comfort zone more often. So far I have made some progress on those goals, hopefully I can continue the trend and improve upon them. But, let’s get on with January.
Books Read: 5
I am a big fan of the In Death series, mystery, romance and an interesting version of the future. The adventures of Dallas, Roarke and Peabody continue. If you’ve read any of them you know there is a formula to the writing of them, but for some reason it really works in this series.
books 2 and 3 in the Guardians trilogy, a touch of fantasy, a touch of romance. As per the usual set up 6 people meet and couple off, that would be the romance bit. The 6 guardians battle an evil God, while they hunt for fallen stars and the Island of Glass.
Stalking Jack the Ripper by Kerri Maniscalco (fulfills challenge #10)
A young lady of high birth, works as apprentice with her uncle learning how to do autopsies, leading her to look for clues and hunt Jack the Ripper. There is an interesting twist at the end. It is the first book in a series, though it looks like it’s about the same girl who hunts other famous figures.
Only 2 of these books were on my reading challenge, which is why I only made 17 “challenges” and they are kind of cheesy but fun. Let me know if your joining in the fun..still plenty of time.
Most Popular Instagram photo
I actually didn’t post too much on Social media this month, however this was the most popular photo this month, well alright it was the only photo in January, but it did fairly well for a beginning Instagram account (I think anyways). With a total of 35 likes.
Fun Fashion Find
My favorite buy this month, believe it or no comes from Walmart.. A cute button down, polka-dot cardigan, it doesn’t seem to be available anymore, but here’s a similar one. Perfect for chilly days, pin-up style outfits, or just toss it on with jeans.
All the fun or good stuff that happened but wasn’t enough for a full post.
- Starting the New Year with a fun group of friends, laughing and talking over breakfast (and recovering from the night before).
- Dancing with my husband and watching him dance with his buddy to a “risque” song at a party. A side note about this party, I almost punched a gal in the face because she grabbed my face and tried to kiss me, she was pretty drunk which is why I didn’t.
- We saw 3 movies this month and all of them were good and totally worth the money to see them in the Theater. We watched “Rouge One”, “Underworld: Blood Wars” and “Passengers”.
- Dave and I also tried out several new to us restaurants, my favorite being Rock City Grill in Detroit.
- I finally got my chest tattoo, well it’s not totally finished yet, but I have my second appointment on Valentines day to finish it up. My Cousin Hannah is the artist.
Guess ya can’t have the good without the bad.
- Attending the funeral of my husband, Dave’s friend. Never easy
- A quick outpatient procedure on my varicose vein, not super painful, just uncomfortable for a few days.
- Working through some bottled up emotions and how they affected me, my family and my eating habits. Rough but hopefully will help me to continue and grow.
Overall it was a pretty good month, Archery season started for my son and his first tournament of the season was this month. The weather was kind of weird this month with super cold temps one week and mild the next, so we didn’t get out to do sledding or anything. Just work and the usual for us, reading, movies, shopping and a few dinners out. How was your January?
Disclaimer: Some of the links above, are affiliate links and I will earn a percentage of the sale if you purchase through them at no extra cost to you. This helps keep my site running – so thank you in advance for your support of Stain on The Page!