Let’s Catch Up: February Edition
February, just flew by! We were actually pretty busy in February. It was a blast hanging out with friends, attending events and just spending quality time together. I have quite a few posts in the works about all the things we got up too. Check back soon, or you can sign up to get notifications via email when a new post is live.
Books Read: 1
a collection of short stories by JD Robb, Patricia Gaffney, Mary Blayney, and Ruth Ryan Langan. I love anthologies because they can give you a sample of work by authors that you may otherwise never have read. All 4 stories were good, I kind of wished there was more to them. My favorite was “The Dog Days of Laurie Summer” by Patricia Gaffney. A woman wakes up from a coma to discover she is a dog, and her husband and son adopt her (after hitting the dog with the car) and she learns things about her family and herself. It was a very warm and touching story.
It didn’t qualify for any category on my reading challenge. But it did count towards my overall book number goal on goodreads, you can follow me here, if you like. Little disappointed that I didn’t read more, but we did attend more events then normal for us and were busy with work and archery tournaments and all that other adult stuff.
Fun Fashion Find
I bought this purple, polka-dot dress from Amazon, can you believe it? it was only $25. (Here’s another option if polka-dots are not for you). It fit great and looked good too! Apparently I have a thing for polka-dots right now, I have bought several things with that pattern on it. It sort of fits with the whole pin-up/rockabilly fashion I have going on. I paired with this cropped cardigan to help keep warm. And of course I added the petticoat to give it that poofyness. PS those cute skull earrings, i found them at Hot Topic.
Most Popular Instagram photo:
This month I did manage to post more than 1 time. However, the winner for February is the photo of me at Autorama which had a total of 28 likes. It was my first time at Autorama, but we had a great time and I think we will go back next year. If you want to follow along on Instagram with me the link is on the main page, it will take you right to me.
New category this month, mainly because we got rid of cable and so I’ve been poking around on the internet for things to watch and listen too and I found this Song by Dorothy called Raise Hell. I love it and have been listening to it pretty much nonstop just like I would back in the childhood days.
Highlights of the Month
- Attending several different events with my husband. Dita Von Tease; The Art of The Tease, Aaron Lewis concert and Autorama. We had so much fun at all these shows. Post to come soon.
- We hung out with some friends we hadn’t seen in a while. Went bowling, I haven’t bowled in years so I left with my arm and wrist pretty sore, it was fun though so I guess it was worth it.
- Stayed at the Greek Town Casino Hotel for a night, it was the first time, we had actually spent the night in Detroit instead of making the drive back home. It did not disappoint.
- We hosted a fondue party, it was a blast.
Lowlights of the Month
- The continuing struggle of learning to deal with bottled up emotions, and saying what’s on mind. Dealing with the issues they cause and all the rest of it. It’s tough and I struggle at times, but I feel like I have been making progress. I am planning on writing a post about all after my official year mark.
- Now that I have lost 145lbs, I have a lot of loose skin, some days it bothers me mentally and physically and other days I am ok with it. Trying to come to terms with that and trying to decide if and when I want it removed.
- Life is full of ups and downs, and you always hope that your friends remain, sometimes they don’t, weather it’s just because you grow gradually apart or some other issue arises and you or they decide to longer be friends. Either way is sad in my opinion and it has weighed on me rather heavily this month.
That about sums up my February, look for some upcoming posts about the events we attended and possible others. Activities and plans in March are already underway and I can’t wait to tell you all about them. You can always follow along in real time on any of my social media sites, the links are on the home page of this site. So tell me what was your February like? What are some types of things you would like to read about?
Disclaimer: Some of the links above, are affiliate links and I will earn a percentage of the sale if you purchase through them at no extra cost to you. This helps keep my site running – so thank you in advance for your support of Stain on The Page!