That’s A Wrap : July
Anyone else think that July passed by in the blink of an eye? I swear it was just the 4th of July, like yesterday. But anyway, aside from the usual work and daily life, chores and what not. We managed to spend the 4th of July out on the boat, hanging out at the sand bar and hitting up some fireworks in town. Another relaxing day at Greenfield Village, where my husband and I watched a squirrel get high off of something he was eating from a tree, very entertaining that. Our annual visit to the 4-H fair/carnival in our town rounded out the month. I do love visiting the fair, the animals are always so fun to look at, and just spending the evening playing games, riding the Ferris Wheel, eating junk and people watching just screams summertime to me. How was your July?
Books Read: 12
hmm, I basically doubled the amount of books I read last month. 12 books! Plus 1, I started but didn’t finish, it just wasn’t for me. Most of them have been reviewed on Goodreads, and I will link to any blog post that I did a big review. Drum Roll… here are the lucky 13.
- A Paris All Your Own: Best Selling Woman Writers on the City of Light by Eleanor Brown. 3/5 Stars
- Dumplin’ (audio book) by Julie Murphy. 3/5 Stars
- Checkmate: This is Dangerous by Kennedy Fox. Check out the Review here. 4/5 Stars
- The Apprentice Witch by James Nicol. See the review here. 4/5 stars
- The Address by Fiona Davis. See the Review here. 4/5 stars
- Eliza and Her Monsters by Francesca Zappia. 4.5/5 stars
- Her Wicked Ways by Darcy Burke. 2.5/5 stars
- The Last Librarian (book1) by Brandt Legg. 3/5 stars
- Jane of Austin: A Novel of Sweet Tea and Sensibility by Hilary Manton Lodge. see Review. 3.5/5stars
- Palmistry: Your Highway to Life by Hazel Whitaker. 4/5 stars
- The Night Circus (audio book)by Erin Morgenstern. 5/5 stars
- Gork, The Teenage Dragon by Gabe Hudson. 2.5/5 stars
- The Epiphany Machine by David Burr Gerrard. I only read about 100 pages, did not finish.
Most Popular Instagram Photo:
So…wow! My Instagram kind of exploded this month and I gained about 100 or so followers and got some more interaction…building a nice little community of bookstagrammers there, we even started a group account called rainbow bookish. Stats for July 348 followers, I am following 377 accounts. I had several posts break the 100 likes mark. So overall I am pretty happy with the way my account is growing. Head over and give it a follow, at stainonthepage. So this Month’s winner had a total of 111 likes and is one of my personal favorites as well.
Book of the month: The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
TV show: Still going with Grimm…honestly it’s the only TV show I watched this month
Moment: riding the ferris wheel at the fair and looking out over the fair and surrounding area
Project: making bath bombs and other bath products, thinking about opening up an Etsy shop
Activity: going to Greenfield Village twice in the month, once for tea with my mother-in-law and once with my husband
*some of the books above where given to me by publishers for review purposes. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
**Some of the links above are affiliate links. If you purchase through them, I get a percentage of the sale at NO EXTRA cost to you. This helps keep the site running. Thank you in advance for supporting Stain On The Page.