The Highlander’s Crusader Bride *Blog Tour*
I adore historical romances, and this one hit the nail on the head. Historical tidbits, adventure and romance. Didn’t hurt that the setting is mostly Scotland, with the romance between a Scottish Laird and a half-Scots and Half Armenian Princess.
Arabela, is a head strong and independent woman, trained in sword play, strategy and some finer arts of war. She fights along side her father and brother to hold their tower in the holy land. Upon being called back to Scotland, Her father decides she should wed….she is of course less than happy with that decision. Caelen MacLaren, Laird of his clan, a clan that has recently been decimated by measles… his first wife, an unfeeling shrew, who rejected him and their son, has died…Caelen has vowed to never marry again. These two strike a bargain for an “in name” only marriage…but will it stand the test of danger against Bram, Caelen’s young son? Can it remain in name only has they get to know each other and sparks fly?
A quick and fun read, with plenty of romance, danger and adventure. The writing is easy to follow and moves along at a good pace. This is the 3rd book in the series, but feel it can also be read as a stand alone, I haven’t read the others and found no problems. Honestly, there wasn’t a whole lot that I didn’t enjoy about the story and I gave it 4 stars over on goodreads, what stopped me giving the full 5, was simply because it didn’t capture my heart, and I can’t quite put my finger on why. I will be picking up, more books from this series. What about you? Have you read this author? What did you think?
What I liked:
- Strong, independent, kind hearted heroine
- a grumpy yet sexy and forward thinking Scottish hunk
- a wonderful assortment of characters
- the evil dude was the grandpa..
- plenty of action and romance
- a little plot twist
- the writing style was fluid and flowed very nicely
What I didn’t like:
- the forward thinking hunk seemed a little too forward thinking for the time period
- Arabela, sometimes came off as mean and bitchy
- I thought it could have been a bit shorter, there were some points especially in the beginning that the story seemed to drag
Meet the Author:
* * *
About the Book:
Add to Goodreads
- $20 Amazon Gift Card